An important message from Omar Zrien from CTR Electronics came out this weekend. It addresses some warning messages that teams have been reporting:
- Watchdog not fed within 0.020000s (see warning below).
- Loop time of 0.02s overrun.
Anyone who uses CTRE’s components should read all of Omar’s posting, but relevant takeaways are:
- Install the latest Phoenix firmware and add the corresponding Phoenix.json to your project.
- Keep an eye on the number of get*, set*, and config* calls you make, since each call might consume a little processor time.
- Don’t worry too much about the overrun warnings as long as your robot is performing.